Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody...





Oh, procrastination...
It's been much too long since I've written in here. Why has it been so long, you ask? One word: procrastination. I've somehow managed to always find something better to do than write my thoughts (straighten my hair, read things that are completely insignificant to every aspect of my life, color in my princess coloring book...Don't judge me). Which is ironic considering I have so many of them. This is also why I've never kept a journal for more than about two weeks.
Want to know something else that's ironic?
Yes, I enjoy irony.
I'm actually writing this as a form of procrastination from my math homework.
Yeah, I've graduated and yet I still have math homework. I blame the government.

Speaking of graduating, I've been using a lot of my thinking power to try and decide what college I want to go to. Of course, I must first decide what I would like to do with my life.
Here's what I have so far: NOTHING!
So here lies my seemingly everlasting problem. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do as a profession. None whats-so-ever.

Sometimes I like to try and comfort myself by remembering that my favorite author, John Green, didn't decide that he wanted to be an author until he was a Junior in college, or that Vincent Van Gogh was a school master, a student priest missionary, and an art dealer before he became a painter.
Yet, for some unknown reason that couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that the course of my entire future virtually depends on this decision, I'm still freaking out.

People always tell you to do what you love.
I have two problems with this: I love a lot of different things equally, and the majority of them are the kind of things you dream about doing as a kid, i.e. rockstar, famous movie director, well-known fiction writer, princess...
I just never grew out of those dreams. Which brings me to my main point; I want a pony.

I suppose my biggest dream, currently (it changes a lot), is to be a photographer for National Geographic. I have the opportunity to go to Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara and everything.
But talk about pressure. That's not just something you can drop out of if you decide you'd rather try out for American Idol.
Not that I've ever actually considered trying out for American Idol or anything... *looks around nervously*

Ultimately though, I just want to get married and have a family one day. So I suppose whatever I end up doing will work out in the end assuming I can at least accomplish that much.




These are the times I just make myself recite Jeremiah 29:11
"'For I know the plan I have for you,'" declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"








1 comment:

  1. I've just read awesomeality personified through text and the English language. Love it! lol and I completely agree, except I'd rather have a horse than a pony.
    Oh, and I'm sure whatever it is you end up doing with your life, so long as you stay true to who you are and follow your dreams ambitiously, you'll enjoy it. So that whole "do what you love thing aside," I think you have a great eye for photography, and skills to boot. Not to mention that travelling and photography combined would be super-cool.

    ReplyDelete