The crazy outfits, the illuminating smoke, the kick drum that feels like it's right in your chest...oh yeah, and the major face suckage.
Now, I love concerts with a burning passion that can only be compared to the fire of a thousand suns, and then some. It's my favorite past-time. I love being there in the presence of all the screaming people, colored lights, and amazing musicians. And having a decent excuse to headbang is just an added bonus. But why, oh why, do some people feel as if they must (they just HAVE to) make-out like there's no tomorrow right in front of me while I'm trying to watch my future, lead guitarist husband perform?
I mean, really guys. ..and girls.
Sure, you're away from your parents for a productive amount of time, and yes, I suppose it is somewhat easy to get caught up in the romantic atmosphere that is the pot-filled, alcohol driven, moist-from-dancing-sweat rock concert we all know and love. But can you at least, I don't know, duck down a little instead of becoming this freakish, intertwined blob blocking my view of the silky haired drummer?
Think of the children!
My cute little, silky haired, musically talented, future children... *sigh*
Oh..sorry. Awkward...
Anyway, remember the Beatles?
If you answered "no," leave. Right now.
Just imagine being at one of their concerts. Flowers everywhere, a message of world peace (instead of insignificant angst about how your girlfriend of two weeks just dumped you for the the guy with the double-kick drum set, because one kick drum just wasn't enough for her, and now you're seeking revenge), and, well yes, lots of pot there too... but at least all they wanted to do was hold your hand. Not eat your face off! Leave something for the zombies wouldja?
I just think there are better, nicer, more appropriate times to, if you feel so compelled, kiss for a seemingly unbearable amount of time. But maybe that's just me.
P.S. Mayday Parade is amazing live!
No comments:
Post a Comment