Thursday, September 2, 2010

Madly In Love

Three things I am currently and madly in love with:


#1, Olan Rogers http://www.olanrogers.com/oldsite/ and his videos http://www.youtube.com/user/olanrogers?blend=2&ob=4

#2, Sarah Dessen books http://www.sarahdessen.com/ (specifically Lock and Key)

#3, Sparknotes.com http://www.sparknotes.com/

So first off, Olan Rogers.
Oh, Olan Rogers. Seriously, I want to marry this guy. Like, I'm not kidding. *serious face*
He is basically everything I want to be but in male form. His photography is amazing, he's a small-time director, and he's HILARIOUS!!!
And he's only twenty-three. So I have a shot right? Give me a couple of years.
Anyway, as I was saying, his photography is beautiful. Honestly, you'll just have to go look at it yourself. He's even gotten to photograph some bands. *sigh of envy*
He's also directed American Analog's "Search Party" music video and the unpublished version of Tokyo Police Club's "In A Cave" music video.
And as for his comedy videos...AWESOMESAUCE!!! His shorts and video logs are just plain hilarious and his Balloon Shop (comedy YouTube videos featuring Olan Rogers, Joshua Pursley, and Thomas Gore) stuff will have you literally rolling on the floor laughing.
Oh, and best of all, he's Christian!

I believe it's time for some girl-ish teenage gushing -- Oh my gosh he's the bomb.com! And he's tall! With dark hair (my preference)! And pretty eyes! And, and, *dreamy sigh*
But, no, he's actually in a relationship with someone named Rachel--lucky girl!
Why, yes, yes I am a stalker.

But in all seriousness, who ever is reading this (thank you, by the way), should really check out his work. It's just...it's just...splendid! And I don't use the word "splendid" very often but for you, Olan, I will momentarily expand my vocabulary. Only for you...because you are awesomesauce. And I like saying awesomesauce.


Secondly, Sarah Dessen books.
I'm still currently reading Lock and Key, and it's only getting better!
This is my third Dessen novel and she has yet to disappoint. The others I have are Just Listen and The Truth About Forever.
It almost bothers me a little that I love these books so much because many, many, many other teenage girls do as well. So it's almost like a cliche.
And yet, I can't stand the thought of not reading her books.
I tried to resist for a long time. I really did. But I gave in once, only once, and now I'm hooked. They're like cigarettes for the brain.

But when I finish Lock and Key (which, considering it's level of awesome-ness, shouldn't be too long), I really want to read Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher. http://www.thirteenreasonswhy.com/index.php

Synopsis: Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker --his classmate and crush-- who committed suicide two weeks earlier. On tape, Hannah explain that there are thirteen reason why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list. Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.

Sounds intriguing to me. So that's the next on my list.


Now, last but most definitely not least, Sparknotes!
You've probably heard of Sparknotes. Or if you're a little older you may call them Cliff Notes.
Those amazing guides that help you through your English and literature homework. Humorously navigating you through Shakespeare's beautiful but oh so hard to understand masterpieces.
Well, if that itself isn't good enough for you (way to be selfish), there's a website!
And not just any website. An extremely funny, entertainingly interactive, and amazingly informative website! Not the "I would seriously rather be watching Glee than reading this" mind numbing kind of informative, either. More like the "I think my brain is doing a happy dance. Is that normal? Should call my doctor?" kinda of informative.
You know what, just go see for yourself. Seriously. Go. Now.

He goes before us, follows behind us, and hems us safe inside the realm of His protection. (Beth Moore)

1 comment:

  1. Quite splendid indeed lol, nice post. And now I have another book to seriously considering adding to my already-too-high stack of books to read (if such a stack can actually be too high).

    ReplyDelete